RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is a generic term that is used to describe the system that transmit the identity (in the form of a unique serial number) of an object or person. RFID data can be read through the human body, clothing and non-metallic materials.
The purpose of an RFID system is to enable data to be transmitted by a portable device, called a tag, which is read by an RFID reader and processed according to the needs of a particular application.
RFID quickly gained attention because of its ability to track moving objects. RFID is High Performance Handheld Reader with Economic Cost.
Pinnacle Teleservices had introduced a system that uses R-Fi for an unique feature to track the assest.
R-Fi system can be used in many sectors like
- Hospitals: Tracking patients, access control, preventing baby removal, patient location and identification
- Schools: Tracking number of students, Library management, Attendance management, sending messages to parents about different events
- Asset tracking: Tracking of assets in offices, labs, warehouses,books in libraries, vehicle tracking in call centers
- Manufacturing: Tracking of parts during manufacture, tracking of different assembled items
- Retail: Tracking store trolleys in supermarkets
- Livestock: Implanted R-Fi tags in animals for tracking and linking the animal to food, location. Applicable to exotic breeds in zoos
- R-Fi is High Performance Handheld Reader with Economic Cost.
- Offer the potential for radical process improvement
- Provide strong potential for improving efficiency, productivity
- Offers better control over inventory
- Proper management of resources
- Reduces time spent on maintenance and record-management